Last Updated : 4/21/2021
- Personal Information Collected
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing Personal Information
- Third Party Links
- Third Party Advertising and Analytics Services
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Biometric Retention Policy for Illinois
- Notice to Nevada Residents
Personal Information Collected
Personal Information You Provide to Us.
We collect personal information you provide directly to us, including your first and last name, date of birth, physical address, zip code, email address, phone number, employment details, fingerprint, driver’s license or other state identification information, signature, photographs, videos, information about the device you want to sell (including make, model, ownership history, condition and carrier information) and any other information you choose to provide.
Personal Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services. For example, we may collect:
- Transaction Information: When you use our kiosks, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, date, time, and location. We may also capture images, sound, and other information using audio, photo and/or video surveillance technologies.
- Device Information: We collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. In addition, we collect information about the devices you appraise or sell through our Services, including unique identifiers (such as the device’s serial number and IMEI) and the make, model, condition, memory size, features, and color of each device. We may also collect information about whether the “phone finder” feature is enabled and information about when the contract with your carrier terminates. We may also collect additional data stored on the device in the event you do not comply with our instructions to wipe the device prior to completing a transaction with us.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use our Services. For more details about this type of collection and the choices you have, please see “Your Choices" below.
- Log Information: When you visit our websites, some information is automatically logged, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features are popular, and count visits to our Services. For more information about cookies, please see “Your Choices" below.
- Information Collected by Web Beacons: We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Personal Information We Collect from Other Sources.
We may also obtain personal information from other sources and link or combine it with the information we collect from you. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information, and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Personal Information We Derive.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Use of Personal Information
- operate and improve our Services, provide and deliver products and services to you and send related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys, support and administrative messages;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- personalize the Services and provide advertisements, content and features that are targeted toward your interests;
- display advertisements that are targeted toward your interests (see “Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Services” below for details);
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about contests, sweepstakes, promotions, rewards, upcoming events and other news and information about products and services offered by ecoATM and other companies;
- process and deliver contest, sweepstakes and promotion entries and rewards;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ecoATM and others;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- link or combine with information we collect from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information as follows:
- with any current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform a variety of functions on behalf of ecoATM, including filling orders, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services for us. These companies may have access to information about you as needed to perform such functions; however, they agree to use such information only for the purpose of performing these functions;
- with third parties, including law enforcement, to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our affiliated companies and others (including retailers);
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ecoATM is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries.
ecoATM takes commercially reasonable steps to protect and secure information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Third Party Links
Our Services on iOS allow you to access Apple Maps. Please note that when you use Apple Maps, you are subject to Apple's Terms of Service (available at https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/maps/terms-en.html), as amended by Apple from time to time.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics Services
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from ecoATM by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails related to your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and/or reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features of our Services.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing all ecoATM applications from your mobile device.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts.
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Your California Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection of Personal Information.
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information, and government-issued identification number), commercial information (such as time, date and location of a transaction), internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior), geolocation data, biometric data (such as your fingerprint), audio, electronic, visual or similar information (such as data gathered via CCTV at our kiosks or recordings of customer support calls), and inferences we make. For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see “Personal Information Collected” above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
We collect the categories of personal information listed above for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Personal Information” In the preceding 12 months, we have shared the following categories of personal information for business purposes with the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Identifiers (such as name, contact information, and government-issued identification number, photograph, phone number)
Third party service providers, such as internet service provider, cloud storage providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, payment processing providers, sweepstakes and contest administrators service providers, and other technology providers. Fraud prevention and identity verification service providers. Law enforcement, and government entities to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our customers, affiliated companies and others (including retailers), or other third party service providers that perform services on our behalf other third parties when you agree to or request that we share your information with them.
Third party service providers such as, payment processing providers, sweepstakes and contest administrator service providers, and technology providers. Social networks advertising networks, when you agree or request, we share your information with them. Law enforcement, and government entities to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our affiliated companies and others (including retailers).
Commercial information (such as time, date, payment amount, and location of a transaction)
Third party service providers such as, data analytics providers and technology providers. Law enforcement, and government entities to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, affiliated companies and others (including retailers), and other third party service providers that perform services on our behalf.
Internet, application, or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing behavior)
Third party service providers such as, internet service providers, technology providers, data analytics providers, advertising networks, and social networks
Third party service providers such as, internet service providers, data brokers, data analytics providers, and technology providers.
Biometric information (such as your fingerprint)
Law enforcement, and government entities, as required by law or to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our affiliated companies and others (including retailers), Fraud prevention and identity verification service providers and other third party service providers that perform services on our behalf
Audio, electronic, visual or other similar information (such as data gathered via CCTV at our kiosks or recordings of customer support calls)
Third party service providers such as operating systems and platforms, with third parties, including law enforcement, and government entities to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions or any action that is inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, and/or to protect the rights, property and safety of ecoATM, our affiliated companies and others (including retailers), and other third party service providers that perform services on our behalf
Inferences (such as individual preferences and characteristics related to shopping patterns and behavior)
Third party services providers such as data analytics services providers, or third-party companies when you agree to or request that we share your information with them
Sale of Personal Information.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. California consumers may make a rights request by calling 858-324-4111 or visiting this page. We will verify your request by asking you to provide identifying information and information related to your recent interactions with us. If you would like to use an authorized agent to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We may offer various financial incentives. For example, we may provide discounts, coupons and other benefits for users who sign up to receive our marketing messages. When you participate in a financial incentive, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers (e.g., your name and email address) and commercial information (e.g., transaction history). You can opt into a financial incentive by following the sign-up instructions provided, and you have the ability to opt out of the financial incentive at any time by contacting us on this page, or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will present to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the offer or discount presented to you.
Biometric Retention Policy for Illinois
In accordance with Illinois law, this Biometric Information Retention Policy explains how biometric information is retained and destroyed by ecoATM for transactions occurring in Illinois. When you use our kiosks, we may collect, use and store your fingerprints and other biometric information. We retain records of this information for transactions occurring in Illinois for one year from the date of collection, unless a longer retention period is required by subpoena, warrant, court order, or another legal requirement.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We do not currently sell your covered information as those terms are defined under applicable Nevada law. You may still submit an opt-out request and we will honor that request as required by Nevada law if we were to engage in such a sale in the future. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to opt-out of the sale of your covered information, please submit your request by calling 858-324-4111 or visiting this page. You may also be required to take reasonable steps as we determine from time to time in order to verify your identity and/or the authenticity of the request.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.