ecoATM Environmental Commitment
Our personal electronics, such as our mobile phones, MP3 players, tablets and laptops, contain toxic and hazardous materials. These include arsenic, lead, and mercury, all very harmful to human and environmental health. The improper disposal of these electronics creates electronic waste (e-waste) in our landfills which can pose a threat to the environment and the health ourselves and loved ones. In order to combat the growing problem of e-waste, our kiosks conveniently recycle these electronics for instant monetary reward. Best of all, you can earn green by going green with ecoATM's Refer a Friend program.
ecoATM’s processing warehouse is certified to the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards. These certifications demonstrate ecoATM’s commitment to the environment as well as the health and safety of employees and the public.
Environmental Benefits of ecoATM
In 2020, ecoATM hit the major milestone of diverting over 25 million devices from landfills in its span of operation. That’s the equivalent of saving 10,925 tons of manufacturing emissions and enough power to provide 49,525 houses with electricity for an entire year!
*Based on results from 2020. Data generated with the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT). © 2020 ecoATM, LLC. ecoATM and ecoATM logo are registered trademarks of ecoATM, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
The goal of ecoATM is to have a positive impact on the environment through responsible recycling including the conservation of metals, plastic, and other non-renewable resources. ecoATM is committed to accomplishing its business objectives while meeting the environmental, health, and safety expectations of stakeholders including our management, employees, customers, suppliers, and regulators.
ecoATM is committed to following our environmental, health, and safety management system (EHSMS), which conforms to the ISO 45001 and ISO 14001:2015 standards. We are equally committed to meet or exceed our customer requirements, to continually improve our processes, and to maintain compliance with relevant environmental, occupational, health, safety, and data security laws and regulations.
We strive to minimize adverse impacts on the environment by managing used and end-of-life electronic equipment, components, and materials - with respect to both on-site activities and the selection of downstream vendors - using a "reuse, recover, dispose" hierarchy of responsible management strategies.
To achieve the above stated objectives, ecoATM is committed to:
• Ensure that these policies are appropriate to our operations, and our potential environmental impacts and health and safety risks;
• Comply with all relevant EH&S legal requirements, customer and product requirements, industry guidelines and any other EH&S commitments made by ecoATM;
• Strive to prevent workplace injuries by providing a safe environment for employees, contractors, and visitors;
• Investigate any workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses;
• Promptly correct any unsafe conditions or practices;
• Set and review EH&S goals;
• Promote pollution prevention and resource conservation in all of our operations;
• Ensure that our EH&S system and policies are communicated and understood by all persons working for or on behalf of ecoATM;
• Make the EH&S policy available to the public; and
• Review and amend this EH&S policy, as necessary and appropriate.
We recognize that the responsibilities for protection of the environment and employee health & safety are shared, requiring cooperation between our employees and management.
ecoATM will continually improve its environmental, health and safety performance through responsible recycling requirements. This will include setting goals, taking into consideration our business, financial, operational and legal requirements as well as the views of interested parties.