The Fine Print
A. The External Referral program (the “Program”) offers a one-time referral payment to persons unaffiliated with ecoATM, LLC (“ecoATM”), to help ecoATM and its subsidiaries attract, hire, and retain the very best talent in the United States. Referrals are valid for 6 months from the date of submittal.
II. Eligibility requirements
A. To be eligible for an external referral payment, you must be an individual person (i.e., not a business entity) and a legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age to participate in the Program.
B. The following individuals/entities are not eligible for an external referral payment:
- Current ecoATM employees and their family members
- Employees, associates, or consultants for staffing/recruiting agencies or any consultant, employee or associate of a third-party to whom ecoATM is contractually obligated to pay a fee for the hiring of an individual referred by, or working for, such third-party
III. Non-eligible candidates
A. You are not eligible for an external referral payment if the candidate you refer is a:
- Candidate who has already been referred in the last 12 months
- Current applicant to ecoATM (if they have applied to ecoATM within the last 90 days)
- Recent or current contractor, temporary worker, or consultant in the last 12 months
- Provider of services to ecoATM (if they have provided services to ecoATM in the last 12 months)
- Former ecoATM employee
- Family member of a current ecoATM employee
IV. Payment terms
A. If you are eligible to participate in the Program, ecoATM will pay you a one-time payment for an external referral, if the referral results in a successful, regular full-time hire between July 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021, and such referred employee:
- Was referred to ecoATM by you using the process set out herein;
- Completes 90 days of continuous, active employment with ecoATM upon initial start;
- Is actively employed by ecoATM at the time the external referral payment is to be paid; and
- Was hired for an external referral program eligible position.
B. Payment amounts (gross amounts) will be:
- $500 USD (for non-exempt level positions or equivalent)
- $1000 USD (for exempt level positions below the Director level or equivalent)
- $1500 USD (for positions at the Director level and above or equivalent)
C. ecoATM will process the external referral payment within 30 days after the referred employee completes the 90 days of employment mentioned above, and the required paperwork has been submitted. Payments will be made on a 1099-basis and paid by either Direct Deposit or company check from ecoATM.
V. Process to refer candidates
A. To make a referral, you must email the candidate’s resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. To be eligible for an external referral payment, in addition to the candidate’s resume, you must provide your name and contact information (phone number and email address) at the time of your initial submission, as well as the position for which you are referring the candidate.
C. One candidate per submittal email.
D. If more than one individual submits the same candidate for referral, the payment will be awarded to the individual whose complete and correct email referral was first received at email@example.com.
E. If the referred candidate appears to be a match for the open position referenced, we will contact him or her and follow our standard recruiting process
VI. Tax liability
A. External referral payments are paid pre-tax from ecoATM. You are solely responsible for paying appropriate state and federal taxes on any payment received. ecoATM will report referral payments to the appropriate tax authorities.
VII. Additional information, rules and guidelines
A. Positions qualified for the ecoATM external referral program are listed on the ecoATM careers page.
B. You must be a legal resident of the United States and have a valid social security number to participate in the Program.
C. The terms and conditions of this external referral program are subject to change or terminate at ecoATM’s sole discretion at any time.
D. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action brought in connection with this agreement must be instituted in the courts within the State of California, whether state or federal.
E. You agree that ecoATM’s total liability under this agreement for any cause of action relating to the subject matter of this agreement (regardless of the nature of such claim) is the lesser of your actual, direct damages or $1500.
F. If the referral is part of a previous staffing agreement or has other hiring processes associated with them, those staffing agreements take precedent over the external referral program.
G. By submitting a referral you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined by this program.
H. ecoATM is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status, and consistent with applicable federal and state laws.